Basic Vanilla Cup Cake Recipe
- 5 oz (150g) Butter - softened
- 5 oz (150g) superfine (castor) sugar
- 6 oz (175g) self-raising flour
- 3 eggs 1
- tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 350oF (180oC).
- Line a 12 cup cake pan, with cup cake papers.
- Crack the eggs into a cup and beat lightly with a fork.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes, until light and creamy.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and firm to touch.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- Allow to cool fully before icing.
- Makes 12 cakes.